As you are probably aware the Victorian Premier has announced the reintroduction of Stage 3 Restrictions from 11:59 pm tonight, 8 July including a Stay at Home Directive for 6 weeks.
During this time, TENNIS has been identified as an activity which CAN continue, with restrictions.
The Boroondara Council in conjunction with Tennis Victoria Guidelines for Metro Melbourne, states that as we are a facility where people can exercise with no more than one other person or members of your household while maintaining 1.5 metres distance, we will be open for CASUAL COURT HIRE (2 people only) AND PRIVATE LESSONS.
- Casual play (public court hire) for members of the same household or for 2 people from different households
- Coaching for members of the same household or one to one coaching
- All other programmes and activity must cease until further notice
- Tennis equipment must not be shared
All GROUP LESSONS are suspended until the Stage 3 restrictions are eased, which is currently 6 weeks or 24th August.
The Boroondara Council Guidelines include similar restrictions as previous to the re-opening of the Centre on 25 May. These are as follows:
- GET IN – PLAY – GET OUT
- No client will be allowed inside the clubhouse unless they need to use the toilets
- The Centre’s reception will now operate through a window along the front of the clubhouse. Social distancing markers will be placed leading up to the Centre’s reception area. A designated entry point to the reception’s social distancing markers will be clearly established and displayed
- Every individual client, ie. private lessons (including shared lessons, parent(s) and child(ren)), court hire bookings (every person present), kiosk and pro shop patrons must complete and sign-in via the Centre’s ‘sign-in’ record folder at reception. Parents please sign-in for yourself and your child if you are with them
- Clients must arrive at the Centre no earlier than 10 minutes before a lesson or court hire booking, and leave immediately upon completion of play
- Credit card or EFTPOS payments only (no cash) accepted at reception, preferably by ‘tapping’, with the machine sanitised after each transaction
- Reception staff will wear gloves
- Kiosk and pro shop items can be purchased but are ‘take-away’ only
- There will be no racquet hire or use of demo racquets. Clients must endeavour to remember to bring racquets as there will be none available to borrow
- The restringing service will be available again, with a 24-hour turnaround, by completing a form and leaving the racquet and form with reception staff. Regripping and overgrips can be done by leaving the racquet, or on the spot if an appropriate staff member is available to do it
- Cleaning and sanitising protocols will be strictly adhered to; cleaning and hygiene posters will be on display throughout the facility. We ask that patrons bring their own personal alcohol-based hand sanitisers, but hand sanitisers will be placed at the reception area, the Centre’s entry and exit door, and each coach will have a sanitiser on their court for client use before, during and after each lesson, as required
- No equipment will be shared between coaches and clients, ie. the coach will pick up all balls during each lesson
- Sanitising of all equipment used in a lesson will be done by the coach at the end of each lesson
- Each coach will construct the lesson with social distancing in mind
- No parents will be allowed on the court at any time during any lesson
- Coaching lessons’ and court hire courts will be ‘social distanced’, ie. courts in use will be spread out throughout the facility
- There is to be no handshaking or ‘high fives’
- Gazebos and drinking taps are not to be used, so clients must bring their own filled water bottles or purchase water from reception
- The Centre’s hours of operation may be adjusted slightly according to the programs we can run and demand for courts, so please check the trading hours daily, if and when required
- Any client who has symptoms, DO NOT attend the Centre, and please consult your doctor immediately
- Any client who has tested positive to COVID-19 must notify the Centre immediately.
Boroondara Tennis Centre
8 July 2020