Friday 22nd May 2020
To All Valued BTC Clients,
We hope you are all safe and well and surviving the craziness of the Coronavirus Pandemic.
As you would be aware, the state and federal governments slightly eased the restrictions for the Coronavirus allowing outdoor exercise in multiple groups of 10, maximum, in this stage one of the easing of restrictions. We will, in fact, actually only conduct our programs in smaller multiple groups of a maximum of 6, plus the coach, which is well under the recommended guidelines. The Centre, along with all tennis clubs, has had to apply to Council to be able to resume some of its programs. Following the completion and submission of an extensive document for Council, the Centre has been granted permission to reopen on a restricted basis, ie. for all coaching lessons – privates, Hot Shots, juniors, Academy, and adult group coaching, as well as for public court hire. Competitions, bulk school bookings and tournaments will not be restarting at this stage, and we are unsure when they will resume, but we will notify all clients when this can happen.
These procedures and protocols will be reviewed, and therefore possibly revised, as we move towards stage two in the easing of restrictions. Further changes/easing of these procedures will be looked at from June 1, and the Centre will notify clients of any changes following the government’s announcement and with Council approval.
We are currently in the process of organising the Centre to reopen and all of the coaching programs to recommence as of this coming Monday May 25. You would appreciate that there is a huge amount of work to be done in a short amount of time but we will be working hard to achieve this goal. Centre staff will be contacting every coaching client to see if you intend to return to lessons for this term. If you haven’t heard from us, please call the Centre during the hours of 9 am-4 pm weekdays to discuss your lesson(s).
Obviously, to be able to reopen, there will be extensive changes to how we have previously operated, and numerous protocols that will be in place are as follows:
- No client will be allowed inside the clubhouse, unless they need to use the toilets.
- The Centre’s reception will now operate through a window along the front of the clubhouse. Social distancing markers will be placed leading up to the Centre’s reception area. A designated entry point to the reception’s social distancing markers will be clearly established and displayed.
- All privates, Hot Shots, junior and adult group coaching clients must report/check in at the reception window. Each student in Hot Shots, junior and adult group lessons must be marked off as attending the Centre in the Centre’s coaching system, TennisBiz.
- Every other individual client, ie. private lessons (including shared lessons, parent(s) and child(ren)), court hire bookings (every person present), kiosk and pro shop patrons must complete and sign-in via the Centre’s ‘sign-in’ record folder at reception. Parents please sign-in for yourself and your child if you are with them.
- Academy participants will not need to sign-in at reception as the coaches will record attendances at each session on their attendance sheets and transfer it into our system at the end of the night. Rob, our Academy head coach, will send out a text message each day to notify Academy participants which court they must report to, and simply go straight to that court.
- Clients must arrive at the Centre no earlier than 10 minutes before a lesson or court hire booking, and leave immediately upon completion of play.
- Credit card or eftpos payments only (no cash) accepted at reception, preferably by ‘tapping’, with the machine sanitised after each transaction.
- Reception staff will wear gloves.
- Kiosk and pro shop items can be purchased but are ‘take-away’ only.
- There will be no racquet hire, or use of demo racquets. Clients must endeavour to remember to bring racquets as there will be none available to borrow.
- The restringing service will be available again, with a 24 hour turn-around, by completing a form and leaving the racquet and form with reception staff. Regripping and overgrips can be done by leaving the racquet, or on the spot if an appropriate staff member is available to do it.
- Cleaning and sanitising protocols will be strictly adhered to; cleaning and hygiene posters will be on display throughout the facility. We ask that patrons bring their own personal alcohol-based hand sanitisers, but hand sanitisers will be placed at the reception area, the Centre’s entry and exit door, and each coach will have a sanitiser on their court for client use before, during and after each lesson, as required.
- No equipment will be shared between coaches and clients, and the only person to touch any tennis balls will be the coach, ie. the coach will pick up all balls during each lesson, and no serving will be done in the short term until restrictions ease.
- Sanitising of all equipment used in a lesson will be done by the coach at the end of each lesson.
- Each coach will construct the lesson with social distancing in mind.
- No parents will be allowed on the court at any time during any lesson.
- Coaching lessons’ and court hire courts will be ‘social distanced’, ie. courts in use will be spread out throughout the facility.
- There is to be no hand shaking or ‘high fives’.
- Gazebos and drinking taps are not to be used, so clients must bring their own filled water bottles or purchase water from reception.
- The Centre’s hours of operation may be adjusted slightly according to the programs we can run and demand for courts, so please check the trading hours daily, if and when required.
- Any client who has symptoms, DO NOT attend the Centre, and please consult your doctor immediately.
- Any client who has tested positive to COVID-19 must notify the Centre immediately.
Please remember that older clientele and individuals with compromised immune systems are at greater risk of contracting COVID-19. There is a COVID-19 (Coronavirus) hotline available to contact: 1800 675 398 (24 hours), and to find out more information go to: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
Should you have any queries or concerns regarding the above, please feel free to contact me at any time.
We look forward to seeing you all back on the courts soon. Stay safe and well!
Director of Tennis
Boroondara Tennis Centre